Senior Care Assistant (Southport)
Full Time and Part Time Available
Positions available in Southport
At Dovehaven, we are a family run care group providing quality residential and nursing care for the elderly. We pride ourselves on the happy, welcoming atmosphere in all our homes.
Our philosophy of care states that attention to detail is the difference and all our staff are willing and able to go the extra mile.
We are looking for kind and caring Senior Care Assistants - either Days or Nights to join our friendly and established teams in our 11 homes in Southport.
About the role
Permanent, £10.60 per hour
As the Senior Care Assistant, you will be tasked with managing the care team within the Home and ensuring that care staff are adhering to CQC guidelines whilst providing exceptional levels of care to residents. You will promote and deliver high standards of care and supervise and instruct less experienced staff to enable them to fully contribute to the care provided within the Home.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Previous experience working within an elderly care setting.
- Self-motivated, resilient and well-organised
- Team player but able to work on your own initiative
- Dependable, able to work well under pressure and flexible to meet the needs of the Home
- Previous supervisory experience within a care/nursing home setting and experience of working with the elderly
- An NVQ level 2 in health & social care is essential along with a dedicated passion for providing exceptional care.
- £300.00 Welcome Bonus after a successful 3 month probation period
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent work environment
- Four weekly pay
- Paid DBS
- Free on-site parking
- Free uniform
- 5.6 weeks of paid annual leave
- Pension scheme
The Ideal Candidate
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check. Their code of conduct can be found on the following link that you can copy and post to your web browser if you wish to read:
If you feel you have the right values for our family run Company, you will be supported by a programme of induction, training and development throughout your career with us.